2016 Youth Essay Contest Registration Form
We are looking for submissions to our youth essay contest (ages 8-18)! This year’s theme is “Why an Opportunity to Learn is Important to Me.” There are 3 age categories, and each winner will receive a $75 prize. See the full rules below, and learn how to participate!
Contest Theme: “Why an Opportunity to Learn is Important to Me”
Writing Contest Rules:
1. Participants must submit an essay on the contest theme.
2. Entries must be one page, typed and double spaced.
3. Entries must include a completed registration form.
4. Entries will be judged on content. Spelling and grammar will also be considered.
5. Entries will be judged in four categories based on the author’s age:
(a) 8-10 years (b) 11-13 years old (c) 14-18 years old
6. Each age category will have one winner. Winners will each receive a prize of $75.
7.The winning essays will also be published on the Arkansas Opportunity to Learn website, the Arkansas Public Policy Panel newsletter, and the National Opportunity to Learn Campaign newsletter.
8. Winners will be announced at the Arkansas Opportunity to Learn Summit on October 29, 2016. Winners must be in attendance to claim their prize.
9. Entries must be postmarked or submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, October 14, 2016
Name:_________________________________ Date of Birth:_____________
City:________________________ State:___ Phone: (___)_______ Zip:_____ Email: _______________________________________________
8-10 years old
11-13 years old
14-18 years old
Please mail submissions to: Arkansas Public Policy Panel, ATTN: Ana Phakhin, 1308 W.
2nd St, Little Rock, AR 72201 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please contact email@example.com