Enter the 2014 Youth Writing Contest!
Contest Theme: “Why an Opportunity to Learn is Important to Me”
Writing Contest Rules:
- Participants must submit an essay on the contest theme.
- Entries must be one page, typed and double-spaced.
- Entries must include a completed registration form.
- Entries will be judged on content. Spelling and grammar will also be considered.
- Entries will be judged in four categories based on the author’s age: (a) 8-10 years (b) 11-13 years old; (c) 14-18 years old
- Each age category will have one winner. Winners will each receive a prize of $75.
- The winning essays will also be published on the Arkansas Opportunity to Learn website, the Arkansas Public Policy Panel newsletter, and the National Opportunity to Learn Campaign newsletter.
- Winners will be announced at the Arkansas Opportunity to Learn Summit on October 4, 2014.
- Entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, September 26, 2014